Intern with Team Zakim!
The Josh Zakim campaign for Massachusetts Secretary of State is seeking Organizing Interns to join its Field Team. Interns will assist with voter outreach and education efforts and will play a critical role in organizing and activating key constituencies across the Commonwealth.
Organizing Interns will be responsible for:
● Entering and analyzing data to ensure that Field Team resources are being deployed to their highest end;
● Identifying and activating supporters through canvassing, phonebanking, and attending community events;
● Working with campus-based organizations to increase awareness of the Zakim campaign at colleges and universities across the Commonwealth;
● Collecting signatures to demonstrate support for Councilor Zakim’s candidacy;
● Recruiting and training volunteers for overall campaign efforts; and
● Generating excitement by staffing and attending community meetings and other events.
Ideal applicants should:
● Be interested in gaining valuable skills in direct voter contact and community outreach;
● Be philosophically aligned with the campaign’s progressive platform;
● Be able to work in-person, at least 15 hours a week. Be available for either Spring, Summer and/or Fall session.
● Be passionate about organizing and interested in Massachusetts politic
● Be hardworking, hungry to learn, enthusiastic, and eager to be part of a dedicated team.
Councilor Zakim has established a lengthy track record of championing social justice and community empowerment as both an activist and an elected official. This campaign is empowering Massachusetts residents to be full participants in the civic and political life of the Commonwealth, and the design of the Organizing Internship reflects this commitment by training the next generation of organizers. Accordingly, we strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, those with disabilities to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.